iQ Series LS Ultrasonic Power Supply
Dukane iQ LS Ultrasonic Power Supplies were designed specifically for automated ultrasonic systems
for the automotive, aerospace, packaging, textile, and food industries.
- Available in bench top or panel mount.
- The iQ series ultrasonic generators and power
supplies are all built around our
patented digital design. Compact in size, they provide
the highest power density in the smallest package, while
incorporating our exclusive
flow through cooling.
- These ultrasonic generators are designed to handle the toughest applications and environments, capable of operating either in
continuous duty or high-speed automation.
- Our industry leading 0.5 millisecond multi-core processing speed
provides the highest level of accuracy and repeatability.
- The unique modular design allows for custom
configurations and ultimate flexibility.
Flow Through Cooling
Trigger by Power (U.S. Patent 7,475,801)
The feature provides more consistent welds by providing
a sufficient and repeatable amount of pressure/force to be
applied to the part before the weld cycle starts. Trigger by
Power is a cost effective alternative to Trigger by Force.
However, unlike Trigger by Force, Trigger by Power does
not require additional, expensive components such as a
load cell, amplifier board and cabling. The system uses
the ultrasonic stack as a load cell. When the ultrasound is
activated, the amplitude is ramped up to the Trigger Amplitude
setting and held there until enough force is applied
to the part to reach the Trigger Power settings. At that
point the weld cycle begins and continues until the weld
control parameter (Time, Energy or Power) is reached. For
details see Dukane Application
Panel Mount Generators
iQ Generator/Power Supply Features
- 100% digital control of all power supply functions and parameters allows for unique configurations
and future upgrades or requirements. Includes digital frequency synthesis.
- Industry leading data acquisition rate speed of .5 ms due to advanced
multi-core architecture. Increased weld accuracy and repeatability.
- Three step system safe power up sequence 1) AC line inrush current protection, 2) Supervisory System Monitor 3) Plug and Play configuration ID.
- Digi-Trac tuning automatically tracks the resonant frequency digitally. No need to manually tune the generator during every weld cycle.
The output frequency adjusts itself to match the acoustic stack (sonotrode booster and transducer).
- Ultrasonic overload protection, with status indicator for ease of troubleshooting. The overload power limit is based on true RMS power output level.
- Temperature Drift Compensation allows for seamless acoustic stack operation, and automatically compensates for acoustic stack temperature changes
- Patented Pulse-Width Modulation design delivers power more efficiently with substantially less stress on the electrical and acoustic components for superior performance, reliability and extended life.
- Selectable frequency lock and hold feature system ignores digi-trac automatic tuning feature and locks to startup stack frequency -
helps in difficult applications where the stack couples with a product.
- Programmable frequency bandwidth, three selectable factory settings or user programmable windows for unique acoustic stacks and applications.
User-accessible programmable advanced hardware settings allows changes to Free Run Frequency, Frequency Lock/Hold and Frequency Limits - providing advance settings for difficult acoustic stacks.
Integrated Digital Frequency Readout accurately displays operating frequency of the acoustic stack. This is perfect for acoustic stack diagnostics.
- Amplitude adjustment in 1% increments from 100% to 20%, through front panel or remotely (Optional 4-20mA analog, Profibus, EtherNet I/P or RS 232).
- Line and Load Regulation amplitude is maintained independent of load force and incoming line voltage variations. Through a closed-loop amplitude control, the amplitude regulation maintains output amplitude be correcting for fluctuations in line voltage and output power loading. Maintained within 1% to provide weld process consistency and shorter cycle times.
- Programmable Digital Linear Ramp Up algorithm allows the acoustic stack to be brought to operating amplitude smoothly, minimizing start-up surges and abnormal stress to the stack and power supply. This can be shortened to accommodate faster cycle times and lengthened to accommodate larger sonotrodes/horns.
- Programmable Digital Linear Ramp Down allows the acoustic stack amplitude to be brought down from operating amplitude to zero in a controlled manner. Eliminates unpredictable acoustical ring down for better weld quality, longer stack life and potentially faster cycle times.
- Flow Through Cooling tunnel with a matched
high performance heat sink and thermostatically
controlled fan reduces thermal gradients, minimizes dirt
infiltration and increases component life.
- Highest power density per unit of volume.
Most power in the smallest package at highest duty
cycle. Low and high profile configurations
- Patented modular hardware design
incorporates motherboard/interconnect of internal
components. Reduces internal cabling while
increasing reliability and performance.
- Advanced i/O is standard with 25-pin output,
and 15-pin input, user configurable from the utility
- Standard 19" (48cm) Rack mountable for easy system integration at minimal cost.
- Compatibility with all Dukane standard transducers, helps reduce inventory requirements and provides interchangeability with your existing DPC or Ultra series components
- Primary and secondary weld control parameters
Time, Energy, and Peak Power.
- Bad and suspect process limits include Time, Time
and Energy and Peak Power, with discrete outputs.
These programmable limits provide the means to adapt to
a wide variety of welding applications.
- Amplitude adjustment in 1% increments from 100% to
20% through front panel or remote (4-20) mA.
- 16 setups with individual user ID.
- Programmable softstart and softstop amplitude can be
used to reduce stress on acoustic stacks, or for
high-speed application to achieve full amplitude in as
short as .010 seconds. Factory configurable
settings also available.
- User-accessible programmable advanced hardware
settings allow changes to Phase Shift, Free Run
Frequency, Frequency Lock/Hold and Frequency Limits -
providing advance settings for difficult acoustic
- Selectable frequency lock and hold feature system
ignores digi-trac automatic tuning feature and locks to
startup stack frequency helps in difficult applications
where the stack couples with a product.
- Programmable frequency bandwidth,three selectable
factory settings or user programmable windows for unique
acoustic stacks and applications.
- Afterburst control includes delay and duration time