Number of hires for this role: 2 to 4
Qualifications: Assembly Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE: As a member of the Ultrasonic’s assembly team you will have the opportunity to participate in the growth and improvement in the dynamic business environment at Dukane. You will be responsible to assemble various electronic and mechanical products in a self directed, fast paced team based working environment. You will work to assure that all functional areas meet the requirements of the Dukane Quality system. You will have the opportunity to support other team members and, using TQM concepts, principles and tools, will make continuous improvements in work processes.
POSITION FUNCTIONS: Listed below are typical functions performed in this position. This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by the individual in this position as he or she is required to perform other related functions as assigned.
1. Perform assembly, wiring and soldering operations and modifications to standard product following manufacturing procedures, blueprints and/or employee/supervisory instructions.
2. Operate hand tools such as, but not limited to, wrenches, screwdrivers, cutters, pliers, soldering iron, measuring devices and other various tools needed to perform assembly operations.
3. Operate power and air driven equipment (weighing less than 5 lbs.) such as: screwdrivers, drills, skill saw and other various power tools needed to perform assembly operations.
4. Read and understand drawings and methods to assemble products as required.
5. Complete daily transactions accurately as required.
6. Communicate with supervisor/material specialist on materials and information needed to ensure smooth and timely production.
7. Consult with engineering or department supervisor/manager before making any decision(s) that change procedures.
8. Set up and move materials to and from individual’s work station.
9. Perform task without constant supervision.
10. Perform work in other job classifications within the department as needed.
11. Assist or instruct/train other operators in the assembly, testing and troubleshooting of standard or custom products.
12. Ensure that all work is in compliance with applicable sections of the Dukane Quality System.
Perform work in other departments as needed.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
Standing (frequently), walking (frequently), balancing (occasionally), stooping (frequently), reaching (frequently), handling (occasionally), typing (frequently) talking (frequently), hearing (frequently), sitting (frequently), lifting (occasionally 5-30 lb.), pulling (occasionally 50-100 lbs), pushing (occasionally 50-100 lbs.), acuity far (frequently), acuity near (frequently), depth perception (occasionally), field of vision (frequently), color vision (frequently).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
· High school degree or equivalent a must.
· Shop math/reading skills a must.
· Mechanical and/or electrical background preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· The ability to read and understand blueprints strongly preferred.
· Strong work ethic demonstrating reliability, promptness, and the willingness to be flexible in work assignments and overtime requirements.
· Ability to work in a team based environment, demonstrating a genuine concern for others and ability to “get along” with co-team members.
· Two to three years wiring and soldering and/or assembly experience a must.
· Ability to multi-task and move quickly across various assembly processes.
Related keywords: manufacturing, assembler, assembly, hiring immediately
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
We are stringent in our COVID 19 virus mitigation practices, including limiting visitors, spacing work stations, PPE requirements, frequent disinfecting, and contact tracing.
Assembly Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time: 6AM
Typical end time: 3AM
This Job Is: A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
APPLY FOR THE POSITION