Salary: $50,000 – $70,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role: 1
- Field Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Prospective Territory includes all of Kentucky and Southern Indiana from Bloomington, Indiana southward.
ONLY SEEKING CANDIDATES RESIDING IN THE TERRITORY
Currently has an existing customer base with room for positive growth.
REPORTS TO: CENTRAL REGION SALES MANAGER
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE: Sell, setup and support plastic assembly equipment including vibration weld, hot plate weld, spin weld and ultrasonic weld processing systems and components. Will support the Corporate Quality Policy and, using TQM concepts, principles and tools, will make continuous improvements in work processes.
POSITION FUNCTIONS: Listed below are typical functions performed in this position. This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by the individual in this position as he or she is required to perform other related functions as assigned.
- Sell to/call on existing and prospective clients by telephoning and going to their facilities.
- Submit Quotations & Lead Follow-up.
- Enter Online Request For Quote (RFQ) application data into Dukane Sales Services Sight.
- Present Dukane’s features/benefits relative to competitors.
- Demonstrate systems at Dukane office or take system to clients’ facility and demonstrate.
- Be liaison between client and people at Dukane, identify, clarify and convey clients’ requirements to Dukane and Dukane’s requirements to clients.
- Evaluate requirements, assess feasibility and make design recommendations.
- Assess clients’ potential and invest Dukane’s resources commensurate with the potential.
- Ask clients for their orders and long-term commitment to investing in Dukane systems.
- Follow up to with Customer and Dukane Project Managers to assure clients’ orders are completed on schedule.
- Set up applications on new and existing systems; troubleshoot problems, rectify and/or recommend resolution.
- Prepare activity and expense reports weekly, quote status reports monthly, objectives annually – with quarterly updates and other reports and documentation as requested.
- Belong to trade associations, such as Society of Plastics Engineers, attend dinner meetings and functions, give technical presentations at meetings/functions.
- Plan, organize and conduct, or assist with conducting technical forums.
- Assist with setup, staffing and dismantling booth at trade exhibitions.
- Participate in sales and planning meetings.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
- Traveling/driving (frequently, car/minivan less than 40,000 miles per year and other modes of travel).
- Lifting and moving, with assistance (occasionally, system components weighing less than 100 pounds).
- Talking (frequently), hearing (frequently), writing (frequently), walking (frequently), standing (frequently).
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma, or equivalent, required. College-level course work in mechanical/electrical engineering and/or plastics technology preferred. Working knowledge of manufacturing practices and processes a plus. Education or training in business or marketing helpful.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Two or more years field sales experience required, preferably in a high-tech industry. Experience with ultrasonics, vibration welding, and/or plastics technology desired. Excellent communication and presentation skills required. Ability to work independently and to travel within assigned territory a must. Background in customer service/customer relations helpful.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay, Commission pay
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Experience: Field Sales: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Work Remotely: No