iQ Explorer User-Interface for Ultrasonic Welding Applications
iQ Explorer's intuitive touch-screen graphical menu structure
incorporates a one-page setup screen that makes welder operation
easy to learn and program. Ethernet connectivity, wireless
networking, and multiple USB ports are all options for weld and
graph data storage. Over 25 programmable upper and lower process
limits along with reference, weld graph logic is available for weld
diagnostics and process consistency.
iQ Explorer operates on Windows operating system
independently of the ultrasonic system.
- Usable on most computer platforms, desktop,
tablet, notebook or industrial PC, and does not require
proprietary hardware from Dukane.
- The image on this screen is user configurable
and tied to the part setup file. You can upload an image
of the part. This gives immediate recognition that the
correct setup is being used to control the welding
process for that part.
User Interface Features
- Windows Operating System uses familiar file
folder menu structure, requires no special training to
program and operate.
- Touch screen input for ease of programming.
All welder setup parameters are programmed from one menu
- Ethernet connectivity for connection to local
area network or stand-alone applications.
- Supervisory password control features for
lock-out of system controls.
- Remote connectivity to Dukane's 24 hour
hotline for system diagnostics and troubleshooting
ensures minimized down time.
|To optimize the welding process and produce the
strongest and most consistent weld results it is
critical to look at all phases of the welding process
for each application.
- Electronic Load Cell provides closed loop
programmable trigger force.
- Pre-trigger by Distance, or Trigger by
Force, Velocity, Power, or Automation input
options are available.
- Secondary Hold Pressure is available
for increased clamping force to pack out molten
material while increasing bond strength.
- Hold by Time, Distance or Auto
- Electronic Pressure Regulator coupled
with pressure transducer provides closed loop
control and monitor of weld pressure. Programmable
by force or pressure.
- Pressure Profiling up to 20 segments.
- Linear Optical Encoder with a one-micron
resolution over seven inches of usable travel for
excellent precision and repeatability.
- Primary and Secondary Control Functions
offer total flexibility in process control, reducing
rejects and increasing part consistency.
- Weld by Time.
- Weld by Energy delivers a specific amount
of energy to the work.
- Weld by Distance controls the collapse
distance to ensure that the same volume of material
melts on each part so the finish joint strength is
- Weld by Absolute Distance controls the
finish part height to yield uniform assemblies.
- Weld by Peak Power terminates the
ultrasound when the available joint material is