iQ Series LE Pneumatic Ultrasonic Press System
Power and Frequencies
1200w | 2400w |
3600w - 20kHz
3600w | 4800w - 15 or 20 kHz
Dukane iQ Series LE ultrasonic welding systems are an entry level machine designed for applications
that require significantly less process documentation, yet are built on the robust precision mechanical platform
as our full featured machines. Available in either 20 kHz or 15 kHz in power ranges from 1200 - 4800 watts. Two
main models offer either Time and Energy or Time Energy and Distance. While the LE is an entry level machine advance
features like Process Limits, .5 millisecond sample rate, separate Weld and Hold pressures and multiple setup recipe
storage with front panel lock out come standard on all LE models.
Easy Fault is exclusive to iQ power supplies.
System faults and alarms prompt a fault
code (i.e. U501). Enter the code at
and the easy fault search will provide addition
tips and process improvement information. Thus expediting fault /alarm solutions and reducing
Distance Module and Linear Encoder
Power and Energy Module
- Weld by distance mode controls the melt collapse distance to insure that the same volume of material melts on each part so that the finished joint strength is consistent.
- Weld by Position controls the finished part height to yield uniform assemblies.
- All distance parameters (downstroke, trigger delay, weld, hold, absolute weld, total weld, and total stroke distances) are
monitored, with upper and lower limits for bad and suspect parts to verify quality and consistency.
- High quality linear optical encoder with a one-micron resolution for excellent precision and repeatability.
- Weld by energy mode delivers a specific amount of energy to the work to enhance process control.
- Monitors all power and energy parameters with upper and lower limits for bad and suspect parts.
Dukane's iQ LE modular welders can be interfaced with external devices and controls (e.g., PLCs). This
will require both a 15 pin input cable and 25 pin output cable (optional).
Inputs include, 8 Remote Setup Switching, Front Panel Security Lock Out, Reset Latch Input and
Outputs include 22VDC to power users automation controls, Multiple Programmable status, Numerous
fault status, including Good, Bad and Suspect Part, Power Monitor Out and Amplitude Monitor output.
iQ Generator/Power Supply Features
iQ Press Features
- Rugged construction using the highest quality
components provides superior performance precision and
- Compact, single-rail linear ball slide assembly
offers accurate positioning, stable movement, and
- 7" (178mm) stroke with mechanical bottom stop
adjustable in .001"(.025mm) increments.
- Top-of-stroke limit switch for automation
- All controls are accessible from the front
for convenient set-up and operation.
- Easy to use front panel position indicators
with universal icons instantly show settings of position
and bottom stop, and optional slow speed, pre-trigger,
and end-of-weld switches.
- Chrome-plated column and titanium booster are
- Internally mounted optional linear encoder
saves space in multi-head and automated installation.
- Remote pneumatics availability offers
increased flexibility in system integration.
- OSHA-required lockout for air supply is
- Ergonomic base and cycle activation switches
reduce operator fatigue.
- Status indicators in base for Power, In
Cycle, and Abort clearly communicate system conditions.
- Twist-release emergency stop switch meets
international safety standards.
- Press/thruster design provides systems
flexibility and upgradeability, reducing equipment
iQ Press Options
- Hydraulic Speed Control offers precision
hydraulic control of the melt velocity. This is
critical to achieve maximum weld strength in staking,
inserting and shear joint applications.
- Patented Resonant Mount Booster
- Longer Press Columns to increase part load
- Custom Air Cylinder 1.50" (38mm), or
2.00" (51mm) and 3.00" (76mm) diameters.
- 19" (483mm) Rack or Press-mounted generator
- Ultra Series Press Compatibility card allows for seamless
connection to legacy Duknae Ultra Series welders.
- 100% digital control
of all power supply functions and
parameters allows for unique configurations and future
upgrades or requirements. Includes digital frequency
- Industry leading data acquisition rate speed of
.5 ms due to advanced multi-core architecture.
Increased weld accuracy and repeatability.
tuning automatically tracks the resonant
frequency digitally. Adjust the output frequency to
match the acoustic stack (sonotrode, booster, and
transducer) this is done for every weld cycle and eliminates
the need to manually tune the generator.
- Ultrasonic overload protection, with status indicator for
ease of troubleshooting. The overload power limit is
based on true RMS power output level.
- Line Voltage Regulation
compensates for line
fluctuations assuring consistent amplitude.
- Temperature Drift Compensation
seamless acoustic stack operation, and automatically
compensates for acoustic stack temperature changes.
- Patented Pulse-Width Modulation design
delivers power more efficiently with substantially less
stress on the electrical and acoustic components for
superior performance reliability and extended life.
- Linear Ramp Soft-start
algorithm allows the
acoustic stack to be brought to operating amplitude
smoothly, minimizing start-up surges and abnormal stress
to stack and power supply.
- Load Regulation provides constant ultrasound
amplitude automatically regardless of the power draw.
The ultrasonic output amplitude level is held to within
1% to provide weld process consistency and reduced weld
- Flow Through Cooling tunnel with a matched
high performance heat sink and thermostatically
controlled fan reduces thermal gradients, minimizes dirt
infiltration and increases component life.
- Highest power density per unit of volume.
Most power in the smallest package at highest duty
cycle. Low and high profile configurations
- RS232 serial configuration port is used for
field software upgrades, troubleshooting and advance
hardware setup with optional PC based iQ configurator.
- Advanced i/O is standard with 25-pin output,
and 15-pin input, user configurable from the utility
- Unique Patent pending modular hardware design
incorporates motherboard/interconnect of internal
components. Reduces internal cabling while
increasing reliability and performance.
- Rear panel expansion slots are available to
allow for custom configurations for OEM and cost
effective custom solutions.
- Primary and secondary weld control parameters
Time, Energy, and Peak Power.
- Bad and suspect process limits include Time, Time
and Energy and Peak Power, with discrete outputs.
These programmable limits provide the means to adapt to
a wide variety of welding applications.
- Amplitude adjustment in 1% increments from 100% to
20% through front panel or remote (4-20) mA.
- 8 setups with individual user ID. (including
- Programmable softstart and softstop amplitude can be
used to reduce stress on acoustic stacks, or for
high-speed application to achieve full amplitude in as
short as .010 seconds. Factory configurable
settings also available.
- User-accessible programmable advanced hardware
settings allow changes to Phase Shift, Free Run
Frequency, Frequency Lock/Hold and Frequency Limits -
providing advance settings for difficult acoustic
- Selectable frequency lock and hold feature system
ignores digi-trac automatic tuning feature and locks to
startup stack frequency helps in difficult applications
where the stack couples with a product.
- Programmable frequency bandwidth,three selectable
factory settings or user programmable windows for unique
acoustic stacks and applications.
- Afterburst control includes delay and duration time