iQ Series ES Pneumatic Ultrasonic Welding Press System
The most technologically advanced ultrasonic welding systems available
today are found in Dukane's iQ Series equipment. Our patented,
100% digitally-controlled ultrasonic generator, ultra-rigid press, coupled
with the iQExplorer user-interface provides superior accuracy and ease
of use. The generators have new multi-core processor technology
that allows them to operate at a processing rate of .5 milliseconds.
Lockable front panel controls and position indicators make press systems
easy to set up, and they are perfect for ultrasonic welding applications
requiring machine validation.
IQ Explorer's intuitive touch-screen graphical menu structure incorporates
a one-page setup screen that makes welder operation easy to learn and
program. Ethernet connectivity, wireless networking, and multiple
USB ports are all options for weld and graph data storage. Over
25 programmable upper and lower process limits along with reference,
weld graph logic is available for weld diagnostics and process consistency.
- Ultrasonic welder setup parameters are all
digitally controlled and can be calibrated to meet FDA and ISO requirements
- Multi-level password options eliminate unauthorized
changes to weld program, assuring part quality and consistency
- Weld by time, energy, distance, absolute distance, peak
power and ground detect.
- 15, 20, 30, 40 kHz frequencies available.
- 180 - 4800 watt versions, true RMS power.
iQ Generator/Power Supply Features
iQ Press Features
- Rugged construction using the highest quality components
provides superior performance precision and reliability.
- Compact, single-rail linear ball slide assembly system offers
accurate positioning, stable movement, and friction-free resistance
- Dual pressure increases clamp force to improve melt during
the weld cycle, or to provide tighter assembly during the hold cycle.
- Optional hydraulic slow speed available for precise, repeatable
control of horn travel during the weld cycle.
- 7" (178mm) stroke with mechanical bottom stop adjustable
in .001"(.025mm) increments
- Top-of-stroke limit switch for automation application
- All controls are accessible from the front for convenient
set-up and operation.
- Easy to use front panel position indicators with universal
icons instantly show settings of position and bottom stop, and optional
slow speed, pre-trigger, and end-of-weld switches
- Chrome-plated column and titanium booster are standard
- Internally mounted optional linear encoder saves space in
multi-head and automated installation
- Remote pneumatics availability offers increased flexibility
in system integration
- OSHA-required lockout for air supply is standard
- Ergonomic base and cycle activation switches reduce operator
- Status indicators in base for Power, In Cycle, and Abort
clearly communicate system conditions
- Twist-release emergency stop switch meets international safety
- Press/thruster design provides systems flexibility and upgradeability,
reducing equipment investment.
- Ultra-Ridged support provides reduced deflection for superior
weld consistency. Column crank and gas strut assist ensures easy
setup. Column can be locked to eliminate unauthorized adjustments.
Standard style support columns available.
iQ Press Options
- Hydraulic Speed Control offers precision hydraulic control
of the melt velocity. This is critical to achieve maximum weld
strength in staking, inserting and shear joint applications.
- Magnum Transducer provides a 25% boost in amplitude Consult
Dukane about suitability/application of this option.
- Patented Resonant Mount Booster
- Longer Press Columns to increase part load area height.
- Custom Air Cylinder 1.50" (38mm), or 2.00"(51mm)
and 3.00" (76mm) diameters.
- 19" (483mm) Rack or Press-mounted generator option.
- Systematic Ultrasonic Assembly (SUA) training computer based
interactive training modules. Modules include: Basic Ultrasonic
Assembly, Advanced Ultrasonic assembly and Advance Process Optimization.
- 100% digital control of all power supply functions and parameters
allows for unique configurations and future upgrades or requirements.
Includes digital frequency syntheses
- Industry leading data acquisition rate speed of .5 ms due
to advanced multi-core architecture. Increased weld accuracy
- Digi-Trac tuning automatically tracks the resonant frequency
digitally. Adjust the output frequency to match the acoustic stack
(sonotrode, booster, and transducer) this is done for every weld cycle
and eliminates the need to manually tune the generator.
- Ultrasonic overload protection, with status indicator for
ease of troubleshooting. The overload power limit is based on
true RMS power output level.
- Line Voltage Regulation compensates for line fluctuations
assuring consistent amplitude.
- Temperature Drift Compensation allows for seamless acoustic
stack operation, and automatically compensates for acoustic stack temperature
- Patented Pulse-Width Modulation design delivers power more
efficiently with substantially less stress on the electrical and acoustic
components for superior performance reliability and extended life.
- Linear Ramp Soft-start algorithm allows the acoustic stack
to be brought to operating amplitude smoothly, minimizing start-up surges
and abnormal stress to stack and power supply.
- Load Regulation provides constant ultrasound amplitude automatically
regardless of the power draw. The ultrasonic output amplitude
level is held to within 1% to provide weld process consistency and reduced
weld cycle times.
- Flow Through Cooling tunnel with a matched high performance
heat sink and thermostatically controlled fan reduces thermal gradients,
minimizes dirt infiltration and increases component life.
- Highest power density per unit of volume. Most power
in the smallest package at highest duty cycle. Low and high profile
- RS232 serial configuration port is used for field software
upgrades, troubleshooting and advance hardware setup with optional PC
based iQ configurator.
- Advanced i/O is standard with 25-pin output, and 15-pin input,
user configurable from the utility menu.
- Unique Patent pending modular hardware design incorporates
motherboard/interconnect of internal components. Reduces internal
cabling while increasing reliability and performance.
- Rear panel expansion slots are available to allow for custom
configurations for OEM and cost effective custom solutions.
- Primary and secondary weld control parameters Time, Energy, and
- Bad and suspect process limits include Time, Time and Energy
and Peak Power, with discrete outputs. These programmable limits
provide the means to adapt to a wide variety of welding applications.
- Amplitude adjustment in 1% increments from 100% to 20% through
front panel or remote (4-20) mA.
- 16 setups with individual user ID. (including Amplitude %)
- Programmable softstart and softstop amplitude can
be used to reduce stress on acoustic stacks, or for high-speed application
to achieve full amplitude in as short as .010 seconds. Factory
configurable settings also available.
- User-accessible programmable advanced hardware settings allow
changes to Phase Shift, Free Run Frequency, Frequency Lock/Hold and
Frequency Limits - providing advance settings for difficult acoustic
- Selectable frequency lock and hold feature system ignores
digi-trac automatic tuning feature and locks to startup stack frequency
helps in difficult applications where the stack couples with a product.
- Programmable frequency bandwidth,three selectable factory
settings or user programmable windows for unique acoustic stacks and
- Afterburst control includes delay and duration time settings.