Contact your Local Rep
For more information or support:
Contact your Sales Representative
Contact Dukane Directly
For technical support:
For equipment repair:
To submit an application:
iQ Series iQ Auto-Plus Ultrasonic Power Supply
Available in: 20, 30, and 40 kHz,
600 Watts, 120 or 240 VAC
Dukane iQ Auto-Plus Ultrasonic Power Supplies were specifically designed for automotive, aerospace, packaging and textile industries. To be used with automated systems, the panel mount units are compatible with iQLinQ™ industrial communication protocol and Dukane’s patented MPC (Multi-Point Probe Control) The iQ series generators incorporate our patented digital design. Compact in size, they provide the highest power density in the smallest package. Our industry leading 0.5 millisecond multi-core processing speed provides extreme accuracy and repeatability. The unique modular design allows for custom configurations and flexibility.
IQ Auto-Plus Interface and I/O
PC User Interface
This window enables the user to set up Amplitude, Free Run Frequency and upper and lower Frequency limits.
I/O Status Monitor
This feature allows for quick troubleshooting and analysis of all system I/O in real time. Remote set up status used with Dukane’s Patented MPC (Multi-Point Control) is also displayed. Acoustic Stack Diagnostic The user can perform an acoustic stack test and view real time data of Power Draw, and Frequency. The acoustic stack scan helps determine optimum frequency settings.
iQ Auto Plus interface tool comes standard with all iQ Auto Plus power supplies. This allows the user to easily connect a PC to the iQ Auto Plus to perform product setup, custom I/O configuration and system diagnostics along with other system functions. The connection of the interface tool is done using the front panel USB connector and high speed USB communication protocol.
iQ LinQ™EtherNet/IP Module (or Profibus)
The built-in EtherNet/IP
port allows the iQ generator to
connect to an EtherNet/IP network.
Trigger by Power (U.S. Patent 7,475,801)The feature provides more consistent welds by providing a sufficient and repeatable amount of pressure/force to be applied to the part before the weld cycle starts. Trigger by Power is a cost effective alternative to Trigger by Force. However, unlike Trigger by Force, Trigger by Power does not require additional, expensive components such as a load cell, amplifier board and cabling. The system uses the ultrasonic stack as a load cell. When the ultrasound is activated, the amplitude is ramped up to the Trigger Amplitude setting and held there until enough force is applied to the part to reach the Trigger Power settings. At that point the weld cycle begins and continues until the weld control parameter (Time, Energy or Power) is reached. For details see Dukane Application Note 506.
- Set weld method to Time, Energy, or Peak Power. Set associated value in seconds, joules, or watts.
- Set Amplitude, Ramp Up Time, and Ramp Down Time.
- Enable and set Trigger by Power parameters.
- Enable and set Hold Time.
- Enable and set Afterburst delay and duration.
- Enable checking for Suspect Parts. Set maximum and minimum values for Time, Power and/or Energy.
- Enable checking for Bad Parts. Set maximum and minimum values for Time, Peak Power and/or Energy.
- Configure advanced hardware settings including, Free Run Frequency, Frequency Lock and Hold, and Frequency Limits.
Parameters that can be obtained via EtherNet/IP
- All parameters that are configured via EtherNet/IP.
- Real time data which includes welder state
active or not), frequency, power, and amplitude.
- Weld cycle data from previous weld which includes: Cycle Count; Good, Bad, and Suspect Part information; Process Limit setting exceeded or not reached if Bad or Suspect Part checking is enabled; Weld Time; Weld Energy; Peak Power