Let us show you what reliable, high-speed ultrasonic package sealing can do for you!
What is ultrasonic package sealing?
Ultrasonic package sealing occurs when high frequency (ultrasonic) mechanical energy is transferred into two or more layers of thermoplastic materials. A strong, reliable molecular bond is formed between the layers. Nearly all packaging materials and laminates, with a thermoplastic sealing layer or coating, are suitable for the ultrasonic sealing (welding) process. Both hermetic and peelable seals can be achieved with ultrasonic sealing systems.
Dukane has developed an advanced ultrasonic sealing solution. It consists of a patented - 100% digitally controlled - ultrasonic power supply and an optimized acoustical stack [transducer (converter)/booster/horn (sonotrode)/anvil. The stack components apply clamping force to the sealing area. At the same time, ultrasonic energy generates localized frictional heat sealing the packaging materials.
The ultrasonic sealing solution is ideal for these processes and applications:
- Pouch sealing
- Re-sealable zipper closures
- Form-fill seal bags - vertical and horizontal configurations
- Pour spouts on gable top cartons
- Blister packs
- Clam shell packs
- Tube seal
- Fitments on pouches
What are the advantages of ultrasonic sealing?
- Short Cycle Times = Increased Though-put
- Low energy consumption
- Clean and simple to maintain
- Ultrasonics can seal through remnants like drops of liquid, or small amounts of powder or fibrous material that may be in the seal zone
- Ultrasonic process does not require adhesives and/or solvents
- Reduced costs
- Less energy required than traditional heat sealers.
- Narrower weld seams are possible thus saving packaging material
Dukane - your package sealing partner!
Dukane is recognized around the world as the technological leader in the development of advanced ultrasonic bonding technologies. With several key industry patents, reliable ultrasonic welding components and experienced application and process engineers, we are ready to support your project from beginning to end.
Why Choose Dukane - 40 + years of ultrasonic bonding experience
- Several key industry patents and technological firsts
- Optimized ultrasonic tooling designed and manufactured at our world headquarters in St. Charles, IL.
- FEA analysis of complex horn designs
- 100 % digitally controlled power supply
- Advanced digital frequency lock & control
See below for just a few of the many Film and Fabric Packaging possibilities.
|Pouch Sealing||2 pcs Clamshell|
|Spouts for Gable Top carton||Lid for Cups|